Designs and codes from specifications, analyzes, evaluates, tests, debugs, documents, and implements moderately complex software applications
Design database schemas and tables to specification and brainstorms ideas on design for best implementation.
Under general direction, devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications programming activities
- Monitor program execution for expected performance
- Modifies, installs, and prepares technical documentation for system software applications
- Monitors systems capacity and performance, plans and executes disaster recovery procedures, and provides Tier 2 technical support.
- May customize purchased applications, and assists in maintaining program libraries and technical manuals
- Provides high level written communications such as white papers, decision documents, or research papers
- Identify, escalate and document production impact issues for the environment to confirmed delivery for client and business notification B.S. Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering M.S. preferred
- 4 to 8 years’ experience with functional test software development experience
- 2 or more years’ experience required supporting Unix enterprise environment; experience with back office products such as SQL and IIS, and TCP/IP networking
- Experience using Java, J2EE, XML, SQL and Shell Scripting in a UNIX environment Strong analytical & troubleshooting skills
The candidate must have very strong SQL design and tuning skills in Oracle.
5+ years of experience in Java, J2EE, and Oracle DB development is necessary.
Middleware / Integration Layer Components: EJB 2.0/3.0, Spring, JMS, IBM MQ series
Web Services: WSDL, XML, SOAP, SAML, JAX-RPC, JAX-WS, Tuxedo, Log4j