Nutech Information Systems
1010 Summer Street Suite 203, Stamford, Connecticut, US
Nutech Information Systems (“Nutech”) has been a consistent performer in the global information technology market for more than 10 years because of the balance and business diversity it maintains in its service offerings, geographic reach and industry markets.
At Nutech, we have the scale and expertise to create a complete solution for your organization. From front-end consulting and planning, to systems integration and outsourcing, we have the depth and experience to respond to your unique challenges and opportunities.
Nutech provides IT services for hundreds of clients ranging from large Financial Services, Pharmaceuticals, Insurance, Healthcare companies to fresh startups. We are justifiably proud of our record of repeat engagements with the vast majority of our clients, as well as their direct referrals leading to new clients.
PLease send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact at 203-961-8911*230
Location: Middletown, CT.
Job Description – MS SQL SERVER Database administrator with reporting knowledge
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to serve as our database administrator and be able to provide additional support to reporting analyst. This will be an exciting opportunity to work in a fast paced, dynamic and award winning environment.
• Create/Execute Monthly Database Refresh
• Ongoing Database performance tuning/monitoring of all databases;
• Performance tuning with application teams to isolate and resolve performance issues
• Enforcement of IT policy and security requirements for database access; control Production deployments: database changes and reports
• Production support for all core database functions: failover, log shipping, mirroring
• Database upgrades (software)
• Collaboration with other infrastructure support teams (O/S admins, web server admins, network admins, etc.)
• Monitor and respond to system alerts
• Be available on call for occasional after hours and weekends for emergency support and maintenance windows
• Support for projects (new database creation, updates, configuration, etc.)
• Create documentation for process and procedures (as needed)
• Other duties as assigned
Additional Job Responsibilities:
• Development of reports using standardized reporting platforms such as SQL Server Reporting Services 2008, 2012 & 2014.
• Development of SQL queries and complex store procedure to extract datasets and metrics from multiple databases.
• Ability to utilize Microsoft Business Intelligence tools 2008,2012 & 2014(SSAS,SSRS,SSIS) to build and support dashboards and reports
• 5 -7 years of experience as a Database Administrator for MS SQL Server
• Excellent customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal).
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced office environment
• Ability to work independently and perform duties with minimal supervision or guidance
• Hands on experience with all SQL Server DBA functions
• Solid understanding of Database Best Practices
• Data Modeling skills a plus
• Must be committed to continual personal development of technical & professional skills