We are looking for candidates that have strong infrastructure engineering background.
They need to have built infrastructure for large projects/systems.
Operating systems; specifically UNIX (IBM AIX) and Linux. Windows, and Virtualization technologies like VMWare.
Servers/Platforms: IBM AIX, HP/Dell
Storage: SAN storage, NAS Storage.
Databases: Oracle 11g, 12i, MS SQL Server, Mainframe DB2
Engineering for Fault Tolerance, High-Availability, Scalability -- use of load balancing, clustering. Oracle RAC
Strong Project Mgt -- so they can interact across the IT org and functional teams.
They need to be independent and run meetings to get info they need.
Delivery focused -- they need to be able to deliver work and get things done.
Shared Services Organization is seeking an high performing, quality infrastructure engineer for supporting business critical applications including PeopleSoft Finance, Supply Chain, HR, CRM, EPM, Analytics, Business Intelligence and other applications.
• Architect/Design/Implement: Responsible for environment designs (physical and logical) for all applications. Work with project and production support tracks to coordinate environment requirements. Facilitate application environment build out, refreshes and other Environment activities. Facilitate application infrastructure build out activities (setting up servers, access, and software installations etc.). Coordinate work with IMG/IBM (System Administrators, Web Administrators, Security Administrators, etc. ) and Database Administrators.
• Project Management: Facilitates meetings among Business Partners, technical staff from IBM, IMG, and other KPIT organizations, to deliver the technical solution. Ensures technical solutions meet specified requirements & follow KPIT processes & standards. Manage escalations. Organize and run meetings.
• Security: Single Sign On (SSO) design. Integration to the Enterprise security, and authentication solutions: Oblix, Active Directory. Design partner with EA, IAM (security) and other organizations to design & implement security. Security Delivery – Manage security implementation & review.
• Performance/Scalability/Assessment/Troubleshooting: Tackle hardware performance issues: Analyze and debug difficult server performance issues (Example: IBM AIX, EMC Storage, Networking), identify bottlenecks and optimize product/service performance to improve user experience. Provide deepest visibility to root cause analysis (RCA).
• Documentation: Guide the creation and update of technical design documents in line with KPIT standards.
• Production and Project Support: Provide escalation support for Production Infrastructure. Provide infrastructure and environment support during various project phases including development and all testing cycles. Build and configure production infrastructure. Install, configure, and validate application software and middleware
• Minimum ten (8) years of related experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field - Degree 4years
• Strong project management skills. Ability to manage and coordinate multiple streams of work. Ability to manage & facilitate escalations.
• 5+ years of experience on web technologies & architecture. Web Server, Application Servers. IBM HTTP Server, IBM WebSphere application server (6.x/7.x) administration and web applications deployment experience preferred.
• Demonstrated experience with operational support of WebSphere application server environment
• Demonstrated knowledge of WebSphere & other J2EE application server architecture, components and tools
• Proficiency with UNIX AIX Operation system
• Detailed knowledge of UNIX AIX, Linux, Wintel performance metrics
• Proficiency with UNIX Shell scripting (bash and korn shell are preferred)
• Experience with WebSphere Application Server cluster solutions
• Experience with WebSphere MQ series
• Experience with IBM HTTP server installation and configuration
• Experience with IBM WebSphere plugin setup
• Experience with design and implement Oracle RAC
• Proficiency with troubleshooting and resolving complex technical issues related to web-based software applications
• Experience with Microsoft Server administration, windows batch file scripting
• Unix system administration experience, including experience with open source operating systems
• Proficiency of client-server networking and database management
• Networking and security experience in a Production or operations environment – network topology, switching equipment, protocols. F5 load balancing
• Middleware Integration with web services (e.g. WebSphere WebLogic, etc.)
• Performance tuning in an operational or Production environment; OS, middleware (web/app server), database (SQL) – Ability to analyze Oracle AWR reports, SQL.
• Experience in Linux platform – OS, Apache
• Experience in Virtual platform – VM (VMWare) or Cloud technologies
• Experience with analytics tools, Big Data, Hadoop, Informatica and others similar technologies
• Capable of providing Highly available, redundant technical system solutions, determining overall design direction, and providing hardware recommendations
• Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills required. Promote long-term problem avoidance. Determine problem sources and implement solutions, policies & procedures that reduce the possibility of problems reoccurring.
• Develop strategies to make ongoing improvements that support system flexibility performance
• Assess the technical feasibility of new technologies to enable integration into existing processes