Position: SIEM Engineer (QRadar, SIEM),
Location: (Milwaukee, WI OR Travel) & New York City, NY
Duration: Full time,
The SIEM Engineer is responsible for supporting the event logging and correlation needs of a large company. The person in this role will work as part of a security team responsible for protecting the company’s IT assets. This person will not only be experienced with the traditional use of SIEM tools such as QRADAR but will also be able to advise Company staff SIEM plans with an eye toward virtualization. This person needs to be very comfortable with all aspects of logging including the agents and should be able to troubleshoot logging problems either on the servers or workstations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:-
· Support all aspects of Company’s Security Information and Event Management initiative.
· Participate in the operation of QRADAR Security Information and Event Management systems to include QRADAR ESM, Logger appliances, Windows and Linux servers, network devices and backups.
· Configure rules within QRADAR ESM to correlate events from various devices throughout the network and identify anomalies that require further investigation.
· Participate in the design and implementation of QRADAR architecture upgrades and changes.
· Establish plans to implement architecture changes.
· Life-cycle management of the QRADAR platforms including coordination and planning of upgrades, new deployments, and maintaining current operational data flows.
· Apply Configuration Management disciplines to maintain hardware/software revisions, QRADAR content, security patches, hardening, and documentation.
· Develop content for a complex and growing QRADAR infrastructure. This includes use cases for Dashboards, Active Channels, Reports, Rules, Filters, Trends, and Active Lists.
· Provide optimization of data flow using aggregation, filters, etc.
· Create periodic reports for management showing the health of the SIEM program.
· Working closely with Company team to maintain security requirements for operation of
· QRADAR systems.
· Support all aspects of Company's Security Information and Event Management initiative.
· Drive the development and the establishment, enhancement, and continual improvement of an integrated set of correlation rules, alerts, searches, reports, and responses.
· Responding to day-to-day security requests relating to QRADAR operations.
· Tunes QRADAR performance and event data quality to maximize QRADAR system efficiency.
· Assists with analyst using QRADAR and other tools to detect and respond to IT security incidents.
· Perform routine equipment checks and preventative maintenance.
· Act as SME for all questions related to the QRADAR SIEM implementation.
· Maintaining up to date documentation of designs/configurations.
· Create shell and perl scripts to facilitate automated tasks.
· Work with other Service Providers to support areas of common interest.
· Working with software and hardware vendors.
· On-call support may be required.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience:-
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience and education
· A minimum of five years of experience as a security generalist
· At least one year of experience using QRADAR or three or more years working with another SIEM product
· Familiarity with the client application Snare
· Understanding of logging on various operating systems including Windows and *nix
· A basic understanding of networking principles
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· CISSP or QRADAR or GCIA certification
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:-
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Experience acquired through working in a large IT environment
· Understanding of ITIL standards
*If you are comfortable with the position and location then please revert me back at the earliest with your updated resume and following details or I would really appreciate if you can call me back on my number.*
Open to relocate:
Current Salary :
Annual salary expectation:
Best time to call:
Best Time for the Interview:-
Total IT Experience [Yrs]:-
Key Skill Set:-
In case you are not interested, I will be very grateful if you can pass this position to your colleagues or friends who might be interested.
Thanks & Regards
Ventures Unlimited Inc.
Phone: 856-842-1988 Ext No-113
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org