1. Responsible for translating customer requirements into consistent, compliant, value-added solutions, creating associated cost models and associated proposal documentation, managing due diligence and assisting in contract negotiations, as needed
2. Participate in meetings to understand customer requirements, Due Diligence and Proposal presentation sessions
3. Architect, Design and Support Customer Network & Application Solutions like Colocation, Co-hosting etc. and their variants
4. Architect/re-architect, Design/re-design, Expand/Migrate Customer LAN & WAN Networks and prepare related Network Architecture/Design/Migration Documents
5. Work with alliance partners like EMC, VMware, IBM and HP to create solution for customers
6. Architect, Design and Support Customer Network & Application Solutions like Colocation, Co-hosting etc. and their variants
7. Architect/re-architect, Design/re-design, Expand/Migrate Customer Data Centers and prepare related Network and Application Architecture/Design/Migration Documents
8. Tier-4 support of hybrid data center networks and Disaster-Recovery networks
9. Design and Tier4 support of campus and wireless infrastructure
10. Planning, help in testing / onboarding customer networks and solutions within client Core Network and IPv6, SDN/NFV etc
11. Participate in complex network transformation and outsourcing opportunities
Required Skills and Specifications:
· Extensive knowledge and experience with Data Center and Virtualization Technologies, Solutions and Architectures.
· Experience selling Data Center and Virtualization technologies at the engineering level through the CxO level preferred
· Expertise and good knowledge of:
· Protocols, Technology, Features like BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, EIGRP, RIP, loop avoidance, Multicast PIM – DM, SM, SSM, IGRP v1, v2, v3 etc., Protocol Security, Ethernet, STP, RSTP, MSTP, VTP etc., features/techniques like VPC, VDC, FEX, ISSU, VSS, OTV, LISP, Fabric Path, QFabric Features, Fast Convergence, MPLS VPNs etc.
· Software – IOS, IOS-XR, CatOS, JunOS
· Storage networking protocols: Fiber Channel, iSCSI, NFS/CiFS, storage multi-pathing
· Device expertise – Cisco ASR 9K, GSR, ISR etc. or equivalent, Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K, QFabric, Cisco Catalyst 6500-series, other Cisco Catalyst platforms etc. or equivalent
· VMware: ESXi, vSwitch operations, SRM (site recovery manager), View, vCloud
· Databases: Oracle, SQL, data warehousing/analytics solutions
· Middleware: Websphere, Weblogic, JBOSS, etc.
· Public and Private Cloud offerings and ecosystems
· Cisco: ACE, WAAS, ASA, AnyConnect, TrustSec
· Load Balancing techniques and scenarios (F5 – GTM, LTM/Brocade/Cisco etc.)
· Voice, Video, Data – QoS requirements
· MPLS L2 & L3 VPNs & its variants
· Non-MPLS VPNs - L2TP, IPSec, SSL, GRE, IP-in-IP VPNs etc.
· Good understanding of Network Consulting (Network Architectures/Designs, Services, Optimization of networks & services)
· Network Consolidation and Migration, High-availability, Interoperability, Performance, Capacity Planning, Resiliency, Scalability etc.