The CBI Group
QVC is one of the largest and most successful multimedia retailers in the world. We are seeking an application developer to join the Search, SEO and Analytics team which is part of our E-Commerce platform. As a Senior Application Developer you will work with a team that delivers business impactful changes to new and existing systems. Key responsibility is the delivery of quality and timely applications by leveraging modern design principles and testing methodologies. You will be an active contributor in the full software development lifecycle, from design to production installation and support.
This position is based at our Studio Park headquarters in West Chester, PA. QVC operates globally with presence in the UK, Germany, Japan, Italy and China. We look for people who desire to work for an innovative company that is reinventing the digital shopping experience in markets around the world.
The Senior Application Developer will be responsible for:
· Configures or develops new applications of varying complexity and scope.
· Develops design specifications within defined architecture, utilizing standard procedures and techniques.
· Contributes to feasibility analysis for new systems.
· Provides input related to the technical design of new applications/systems and architecture.
· Interfaces with business analysts, project managers, and clients to clarify requirements, as appropriate.
· Tests own work and reviews tests performed by more junior team members, as appropriate. Makes a major contribution to the development of test plans, coordinates activities with QA staff, and participates in post-implementation reviews.
· Conducts code reviews as appropriate for quality and adherence to standards.
· Provides second level operational support for production systems when necessary. Writes documentation that describes installation and operating procedures.
· Provides guidance to junior team members.
· Communicates applications changes to IT team members.
· Analyzes and interprets business requirements to define and develop technical requirements / specifications.
· Participates in technical design, contributing insights and ideas.
· Can conduct diagnosis of standard business problems, factoring in an understanding of current technical and applications architecture.
· Troubleshoots applications problems independently.
· Seen by the client as an advocate within IT; learns to manage client expectations and ensure prompt and complete client service.
· Works directly with clients in defining new application requirements and resolving project issues, as appropriate.
· Responds to user problems, including issues escalated from more junior team members.
· Learns to build productive networks with internal and external clients and the vendor community.
· Produces detailed documentation for changes and enhancements to current systems independently.
· Typically responsible for completion of a small project or component of a larger project.
· Assists in the analysis of vendor proposals and the evaluation of build versus buy considerations.
· Contributes to the development of project plans, provides estimates, identifies key milestones, and raises critical project issues such as technical constraints or resource needs and proposes alternative solutions.
· Receives limited direction. Work in progress is reviewed as required.
· Selects appropriate work procedures or approaches to address technical challenges, consistent with appropriate standards and policies.
· Typical candidates will possess 4+ years of relevant experience and a BS in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience.
· 4+ years experience programming in JAVA or J2EE
· Knowledge of Endeca
· Retail experience
· Experience in the eCommerce space
· Experience with Search and/or Analytics