The CBI Group
QVC is one of the world’s leading multimedia retailers, reaching millions of customers around the globe each day on-air, on-line, and through mobile. Don’t miss the chance to work in a productive, customer focused environment with a team of over 400 IT professionals. Based out of our Studio Park headquarters in West Chester, PA, the Senior Applications Developer supporting Distribution Systems plays a key role in the design and development of our Warehouse Management Systems used nationally at QVC distribution centers. This is a fast-paced, dynamic, and engaging department, where we work together in a culture thriving on innovation and excellence.
The will lead technical design, development and implementation of QVC Warehouse Management Systems (WMS).
· Configures or develops new applications of varying complexity and scope.
· Develops design specifications within defined architecture, utilizing standard procedures and techniques.
· Contributes to feasibility analysis for new systems.
· Provides input related to the technical design of new applications/systems and architecture.
· Interfaces with business analysts, project managers, and clients to clarify requirements, as appropriate.
· Tests own work and reviews tests performed by more junior team members, as appropriate. Makes a major contribution to the development of test plans, coordinates activities with QA staff, and participates in post-implementation reviews.
· Conducts code reviews as appropriate for quality and adherence to standards.
· Provides second level operational support for production systems when necessary. Writes documentation that describes installation and operating procedures.
· Provides guidance, training and mentoring to junior team members.
· Communicates applications changes to IT team members.
· Analyzes and interprets business requirements to define and develop technical requirements / specifications.
· Can conduct diagnosis of standard business problems, factoring in an understanding of current technical and applications architecture.
· Troubleshoots applications problems independently.
· Seen by the client as an advocate within IT; learns to manage client expectations and ensure prompt and complete client service.
· Works directly with clients in defining new application requirements and resolving project issues, as appropriate.
· Responds to user problems, including issues escalated from more junior team members.
· Learns to build productive networks with internal and external clients and the vendor community.
· Produces detailed documentation for changes and enhancements to current systems independently.
· Assists in the analysis of vendor proposals and the evaluation of build versus buy considerations.
· Contributes to the development of project plans, provides estimates, identifies key milestones, and raises critical project issues such as technical constraints or resource needs and proposes alternative solutions.
· BS in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent experience
· 4 + years demonstrated experience working as a developer with Manhattan WMS Application
· Functional and technical experience is required on the Manhattan WM Platform (2014/2015). Experience with Classic (2009) versions preferred
· Java/Spring required and/or other relevant programming languages
· Unix/AIX scripting experience
· Strong SQL (Oracle) experience
· .NET experience
· Tibco Integration experience
· Informatica development experience
· Labor Management experience
Senior Application Developer - Manhattan WMS