The CBI Group
QVC is one of the world’s leading multimedia retailers, reaching millions of customers around the globe each day on-air, on-line, and through mobile. Information security is a priority for QVC. To advance the global security program, QVC is seeking a Security Infrastructure Architect. This position is based outside of Philadelphia at QVC Founders Park location in West Chester, PA.
The IT Security Infrastructure Architect collaborates with fellow architects and infrastructure teams during the planning process that provides the models, templates and principles that are used to design, implement and operate IT infrastructure solutions. This role is the security expert with physical, network and system platform (operating system) efforts, helping project teams comply with enterprise and IT security policies, industry regulations, and best practices.
Components of this role include but are not limited to:
· Collaborate with fellow IT architects, other functional area architects and security specialists to ensure adequate security solutions are in place throughout all IT systems and platforms to mitigate identified risks sufficiently, and to meet business objectives.
· Research, design, and advocate new technologies, architectures, and security products that will support security infrastructure requirements for the enterprise and its customers, business partners and vendors.
· Assess effectiveness of infrastructure security controls and report risk to network and system teams.
· Analyze network data flow and provide guidance with network segmentation and intrusion detection.
· Remain informed of new cyber threat techniques used to target networks and IT systems.
· Report to management recurring risk, vulnerabilities and other security exposures, including misuse of information assets and non-compliance with enterprise security architecture.
· Advise information security and operations leadership regarding strategies to promote secure coding practices to address identified risks.
· Maintain risk register and routinely update management.
· Contribute to the alignment of security governance with IT architecture governance and project and portfolio management (PMO).
· Contribute to the advancement of the information security strategy.
· A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field; or equivalent work experience.
· Seven to 10 years of combined IT and security work experience, with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multiplatform environments.
· Team-oriented interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including vendors and IT and business personnel.
· Sound understanding of security principles associated with networks, identity and access management, PKI, IPS/IDS, vulnerability management, WLAN, Mobility, and remote access.
· Advanced knowledge of secure networking practices based on vendor recommendations, Critical Security Controls Top 20 and SANS.
· Experience with common information security management frameworks, such as International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 2700x, ITIL, COBIT and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) frameworks.
· Familiarity with enterprise architecture methodology (for example, Zachman, TOGAF and Gartner frameworks) and System Development LifeCycle management approaches.
· Knowledge of a security-specific architecture methodology (for example, SABSA).
· Proven ability in security infrastructure process and organizational design.
· Strong conceptual thinking and communication skills — the ability to conceptualize complex business and technical requirements into comprehensible models and templates.
· Ability to work well under minimal supervision.
· Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills.
· Industry Standard Security certifications including: SANS, GIAC, CEH, CISA, CISSP, and CSSLP.
· Industry Standards IT certifications including MCSE, RHCE, CCIE, and PMP
· Technical certifications in infrastructure systems (Network/Systems) such as a Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr), Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)