The CBI Group
QVC is one of the world’s leading multimedia retailers, reaching millions of customers around the globe each day on-air, on-line, and through mobile. Don’t miss the chance to lead the technical team that is responsible for all merchandising and brand strategy solutions worldwide. This is a fast-paced, dynamic, and customer-focused environment that thrives on innovation and excellence.
The will lead the application development team responsible for all merchandising, and brand strategy and communications solutions globally. The Director is responsible for consulting and partnering with the EVP Merchandising, and the SVP Brand Strategy and Communications to determine and recommend technology solutions to business issues. This leader will direct a team of managers, developers, project managers, business analysts, and testers comprised of both internal and external staff. The Director has responsibility for delivering and supporting a portfolio of applications and projects and manages a capital and expense budget related to that portfolio. They will operate globally, and interface with individuals from multiple countries/cultures, to provide global solutions.
· Directs teams of broad scope and complex work across the organization, ensuring they are working together effectively. Partners with and integrates across other areas of the company at all levels, resolving conflicts and managing competing priorities, to provide a complete solution. Typically works on projects that are top “roadmap” priorities.
· Accountable for the technical direction of the group, leveraging technical experts and fostering technical innovation. Influences IT decisions, and solutions, for QVC.
· Designs and sets department objectives, using broader QVC priorities as context, and participates in setting division and/or corporate-related goals.
· Ensures quality, compliance and fiscal standards are met for the department.
· Develops department budget and ensures budget objectives are achieved through managers and other team members. May participate in, or influence, the creation of the broader IT Divisional budget. Manages to budget during year, and reprioritizes budget dollars as necessary based on priority.
· Makes hiring decisions, and responsible for all performance-related activities, including performance reviews and any disciplinary recommendations. Makes compensation decisions. Implements strategies to attract, retain, motivate and develop talent in the organization.
· Participates in planning and review of potential mergers and acquisitions.
· Partners with key members of QVC Leadership (EVP/SVP/VP), clarifies business priorities, and helps to determine IT solutions to these priorities. Translates QVC and IT strategies into tactical direction for their team. Reprioritizes and reallocates resources as appropriate based on changing business needs.
· Manages the successful resolution of client issues, including competing demands, sensitive situations, and conflicts within their organization and/or with other teams.
· Develops all budget allocation and people resource plans for their area.
· Improves work procedures and processes for area managed continually.
· Develops various analyses (e.g., organizational, systems, feasibility, cost/benefit studies, implementation plans), and leads the implementation of technology solutions to meet multiple clients’ requirements.
· Is seen by the business as a strategic partner and key resource to escalate problems and to receive guidance and complete solutions.
· Balances and negotiates the needs of multiple users and communicates the business advantages of various technical solutions. Enables the assessment and evaluation of new technologies by bringing together key parties (e.g., internal/external resources, clients, IT colleagues).
· Educates and informs business leadership on emerging/specialty strategic technologies.
· Communicates clearly and precisely with all levels of the company.
· Ensures that key business and IT information is disseminated through their organization.
· Directs multiple projects, within their technical discipline. This typically includes:
o Ensuring resources and organization structure are in place and operating effectively.
o Managing business partner expectations about which projects may be funded and resourced.
o Anticipating conflicting needs and proactively resolving them.
o Supporting the project team to ensure success, including removing roadblocks and helping the team to navigate the organization. Identifying when additional funding and/or resources are needed based on scope changes.
o Partners across the IT organization to support departmental projects and deliver the technology portfolio.
o Determines the appropriate staffing levels, skill sets and job and organization structure needed to achieve the work plan. Implements changes to the structure and staffing levels as needed, in consultation with senior leadership.
· Experienced in the development, implementation, and support of retail merchandising systems.
· Experience with product information rationalization. 1WorldSync experience is a plus.
· Possesses broad technical expertise in the areas led and the ability to identify and leverage technical experts.
· Directs the integration of solutions across a business area(s) and ensures they are aligned with enterprise goals and initiatives.
· Exercises judgment and influence on key technical decisions (e.g., standards and policies, environment selection, technical solutions) within their area.
· Ensures that technical expertise is maintained and appropriately leveraged in their area(s).
· Possesses advanced understanding of the client areas supported including their functional processes, business objectives and organizational dynamics.
· Stays up to date on the activities of competitors and the industry in general both for IT and QVC. Maintains a thorough and current understanding of best practices in the technology industry and implements as appropriate in their technical/functional area.
· Possesses broad knowledge about QVC’s multiple areas of business, including the key work processes and success factors of different units and functions.
· Typical candidates will possess 12+ years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
E· Experience leading team of Managers and individual contributors and internal and external resources
· Extremely flexible, and able to quickly learn and adapt to new areas of QVC business, and add value from an IT perspective.
· Experience with 1WorldSync