Title: Sr Associate IS Analyst
Location: South San Francisco, CA
Duration: 3+ Months
TOP 3 SKILL SETS:
· System administrator
· Understanding of IT infrastructure
· Strong initiative with a passion for bringing clarity to ambiguity
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES / FIRST 30 DAYS:
· Provide input to crafting managing metrics for newly developed products
· Monitor AWS environment ensuring critical metrics are met
· Finding clarity in the face of ambiguity, ability to communicate and ask questions when unsure but also do independent research for answers before asking
EMPLOYEE VALUE PROPOSITION:
· Learn the digital health product space.
· Work with a team that s passionate about serving patients
POSSIBLE EXTENSION: Yes, it is likely the role will be extended beyond the end-date.
· Someone who is not an advocate of metrics.
· Someone with no experience performing IT operations monitoring.
INTERVIEW PROCESS: The interview process consists of two conversations: 1st with manager and another with Dir.
The scope of duties includes upkeep of the systems infrastructure, including configuration management, system monitoring, automated provisioning. Provide required support to other business/operations teams, developing and implementing efficient operations management processes and guidelines including customer services support, availability and performance monitoring and security. This should also include careful planning of Change Controls to avoid customer impact while meeting agreed upon Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Direct Hands-on Experience With AWS Services Such As
· AWS VPC
· 2+ years of sysops experience in support of 24-7 services with a scalable product that serves high volumes of actively subscribed users.
· 2+ years of related experience required supporting systems, storage and virtual environments.
· Proven, direct hands-on experience in scripting for monitoring/deployments
· Experience automating task/deployment/installs required
· Hands-on working knowledge of monitoring and graphing systems
· Proven experience in deploying application servers through the full product life cycle including rolling upgrades on running services
· Knowledge of server lockdown and hardening procedures
· Experience in working with counterparts in another time zone to provide 24X7 overlap coverage
· Experience in being on an on-call rotation list for 2nd level operations support
· Direct hands-on experience in developing run books for use by 1st level operations support
· Excellent planning, organizational, documentation, and presentation skills
· Strong analytic skills and attention to detail
· Highly motivated
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
· Strong ability to manage multiple task with frequent interruptions
· New Relic experience a plus