Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Groton, CT
Duration: 12+ Months
· The Administrative Professional provides administrative support to assigned leaders and colleagues and will interface with multiple departments and all levels of management.
· This successful candidate will be highly motivated, self directed and represent the department in a highly professional manner displaying tact, diplomacy, discretion and good judgment.
· They must also possess excellent communication and organizational skills, a high attention to detail and quality, as well as strong initiative and execution capabilities.
· Administrative duties include: extensive calendar management, scheduling appointments, meeting preparation, assisting in global meeting planning, domestic and international travel arrangements, expense reports, and project support as needed including event planning, and additional projects The major responsibilities will include but are not limited to: ---- Managing calendar through MS Outlook.
· Proactively resolve conflicts constructively. Effectively interface with other administrative staff in Groton and Cambridge, MA to coordinate logistics including meeting rooms, catering, and meeting set-up.
· Calendar management include: scheduling meetings, prioritizing meetings and resolving conflict. Coordinates activities for meetings and events including contingency planning, proactive problem solving (e.g., reserving conference room, ordering of food and AV equipment, etc)
· Provides administrative support for meetings such as agenda development and distribution; coordinating, distributing and follow-up on minutes and materials for meetings.
· Handles full spectrum of travel arrangements (i.e., research/book flights, hotels and ground transportation, cross-site access, passport and Visa documents) and itineraries including contingency planning and ad hoc issues management and expense reports (i.e., creating and submitting expense reports; gathering receipts and charge details; Client reconciliation).
· Coordinate visits of external individual to the site. Independently plans and executes work to meet assigned objectives and helps other administrative colleagues during absences from the office or as backup when necessary.
· Provides copying, faxing, scanning and printing support to assigned leaders and colleagues. Provides support for facility requests and office supplies as needed. Anticipates and resolves broad range of problems or conflicts; guides others in processes (e.g., meeting conflicts, overlapping deadlines, IT issues, team interactions and behaviors).
· Takes personal accountability for quality of own work that impacts the department and understands impacts of actions.
· Ensures accuracy of work and uses judgment to determine work methods in different situations.
· Preferably 2+ years of highly successful administrative support experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical, medical or science based environment. Excellent administrative and organizational skills
· knowledge of standard office procedures.
· Must demonstrate ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a timely fashion, with minimum supervision and efficient follow-up.
· Must be proactive, efficient, customer-focused and able to work under pressure with tight timelines.
· Must be able to exercise independent judgment and interact effectively with internal and external customers, including international colleagues.
· Must be proficient in all secretarial skills, i.e., office procedures, departmental organization and reporting structures, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, Ariba, Concur, SharePoint etc
· Must display a team-oriented approach; Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills required.
· Strong attention to detail and quality. Preferably has some Pharmaceutical experience.