248 268 6837
248 268 6837
* This position will be responsible for the engineering, design, development, timing, and production release of Chassis components-- Steering Systems.
* Other responsibilities will include quality improvements, cost reduction, and efficiency improvement initiatives including communicating technical product status to management.
* The Chassis Engineer-Steering systems will be assigned to several new Truck programs to package, design, develop, and execute a new system package, early pump sourcing and 2 new linkage systems.
* The Engineer will create and manage a product assurance plan that ensures all stakeholder inputs are well balanced and delivered on time.
* Provide focused and informative communication across a wide range of internal and external customers with technical and program management content.
* Additional responsibilities include: Versed in the usage of virtual tools aligned to component and system level DVP's. Product packaging, design, and development execution.
* Applied system and component DFMEA usage. Responsible for ensuring that component and system validation is completed to corporate specifications with high levels of reliability and confidence. Responsible for all releasing, Bill of Materials (BOM's), and prototype builds.
* Application of strong root cause and corrective action skill sets. Determination and application of data to drive key decisions.
* Demonstrated expertise in gaining all stakeholder inputs to quickly make and document engineering changes. Strong focus on quality and improvement.
* Truck Linkage experience is highly desirable.
* Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Steering Experience (any).
* 0-5 years (or more) of engineering experience.
* Linkage experience is a plus.
* Hands on project experience is preferred.
* Application of strong root cause and corrective action skill sets.
* Truck Linkage experience / Hydraulics engineer is highly desirable.
* 20% travel- local and international- is required (local suppliers, Mexico plant, possibly Canada).
* Will be required to drive a company car (for testing purposes).