- Prepare monthly analysis of cost of goods sold and operational expenses against prior year and budget, providing explanations and business solutions to help mitigate the risks.
- Partner with operation in determining financial impact and prepare periodic forecasts to update management on projected results.
- Analyze financial performance against key business metrics and document pertinent financial highlights that will enable management to determine progress against budgets.
- Identify, investigate, and analyze potential operational improvement. As appropriate, based on findings make proposal for operational changes (policy, procedures, processes, etc.
- Understand and follow company rules and regulations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
Education And Experience Requirements:
- Three to four years of experience in a similar position; experience with operations preferred.
- Have a flare for numbers, work well with people, aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/issues to team deadlines and have a very positive work attitude including willing to work some longer hours during peak periods.
- Strong experience in income statement analysis.
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Oracle Financial Analyzer or equivalent, and Business Intelligence, a plus.
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.