The Medical Office Manager/Supervisor will be responsible for the clerical department staff (clerical and medical assistants)
The right candidate must be punctual, reliable, have a strong work ethic, great communication and computer skills. Professional attitude and appearance.
The typical Office Manager work schedule is Monday - Friday, though schedule may vary based on operational needs or preferences. It is expected that the Office Manager is available after hours by telephone in the event urgent matters arise with administration, physicians, staff and/or patients.
In addition to the minimum job requirements below, the ideal candidate enjoys working with people, has patience and good listening skills, can multi-task and tolerates change well.
• Must have a High School diploma, minimum
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Must have at least 1 years in a medical office setting
• Minimum typing 50 words/min
• At least 1 year supervisory experience in related setting
• Excellent customer service skills
• Excellent organization skills
• Electronically skilled (Word, Excel, familiar with using medical software)
• Ability to identify trends in order to increase profitability of reimbursements
• Knowledge of pain clinic operations and governing boards requirements
• Knowledge of controlled substances and schedules of narcotics.
• Knowledge of medical insurance and terminology.