Bl D, 3155 North Point Pkwy #, GE
Job Title: UX Researcher
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Duration: 6 Months.
· Proficient at planning for, recruiting, designing, and moderating research activities
· Capable to scoping research projects and determining appropriate methods
· Experience conducting research throughout an agile development process.
· Bachelor's or Advanced Degree in a field such as Cognitive Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Engineering Psychology, Computer Science, Technical Communication, or Information Design
· 5+ years of UX research experience and/or Usability Certification in lieu of degree.
· Assumes overall responsibility for research methodologies that are leveraged and incorporated throughout the Software Development Lifecycle ensuring end-user participation in an iterative manner.
· Follows processes and best practices of UCD and Research and contributes to the communication and establishment of UCD processes across projects.
· Works with internal and external customers (Marketing, Service Technology, end-users and domain experts) to analyze user and business needs
· Conducts usability tests, card sorts, surveys, focus groups, interviews, task analysis, field and crowd sourcing user research.
· Identifies the appropriate user experience research methods/activities for each project, and is responsible for designing, planning, implementing and communicating the results of these studies to the project teams.
· Provide input to the User Interface design of Web applications based on research findings.
· Work collaboratively with UX team members, Development teams, Product Owners, Users, and other stakeholders as part of an agile software development process
· Leverage User Experience research and analysis techniques to evaluate product requirements, user interface designs, and product modules or functional areas
· Participate in the development of schedules by providing estimates regarding individual research tasks. Assist management in project tracking by providing regular, comprehensive status reports and/or project plans.
· Acts as an internal UX Research consultant providing business and technical guidance on user experience to Development, Product Management and other stakeholders
· A motivated thought-leader who can effectively innovate big ideas and communicate them
· A passion for UX knowledge, mobile, social, and innovation.
Capable of working both independently and collaboratively