At Elekta, you can make a difference. Ideal candidates should be self-motivated, thrive in a fast-paced environment and are always searching for a better way. If you are creative, smart and work best in teams, we’d like to talk to you.
Our newly renovated office, located in downtown Sunnyvale, is just a short walk to CalTrain and Murphy Avenue. Its modern, open design creates an ideal environment for collaboration and innovation. At Elekta, we don’t just develop software; we develop solutions that help transform the way clinicians treat cancer.
The Lead Systems Engineer should have exceptional technical expertise and customer service skills, take initiative and should be capable of working in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
As a senior member of our Cloud Services team, the Lead Systems Engineer is expected to independently install, deploy and upgrade network equipment; design and implement systems and storage optimization projects; support business teams on joint-initiatives as a technical advisor or resource.
The Lead Systems Engineer will also be expected to participate in Systems, Storage and Security planning, implementation and support.
The Lead Systems Engineer will assist the Operations Manager with overseeing Helpdesk support activities, and serve as an escalation point for 24/7 on-call staff as required.
- Take a lead role in managing systems and storage initiatives, detailed system and storage designs and deployments as well as coordinating technical issues with clients, vendors, and internal teams.
- Administer Windows 2008/2012 Active Directory (e.g. group policy, permission and security, ADFS, etc.).
- Support and maintain core infrastructure services like DHCP, DNS, in Active Directory environment.
- Maintain inventory, monitor and analyze system, service, and storage issues and contribute to capacity planning initiatives. In particular, monitor resource usage on servers and plan for hardware upgrades.
- Optimize and manage data center backup process and activities, and disaster recovery of business support systems and data
- Organize, optimize and document Cloud Services Infrastructure, including physical and logical architecture of servers, databases and applications.
- Adhere to Cloud access-management incident response and change control procedures.
- Develop Cloud infrastructure project plan, technical specifications, design documents, roll-out and test plans
- Contribute to Cloud operational policies and process development using industry best practices
- Mentor staff and knowledge transfer to Cloud Services team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- 7+ years IT experience with on-going skills development
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills. Ability to rapidly identify and resolve issues under pressure.
- Self-motivated, results-driven, and well organized
- Can handle multiple tasks with clear sense of ownership and priority
- Can see the big picture, and strive for constant operational improvements in a changing global environment
- VCP/MCSE/CCNA certifications a plus
Required Technical Skills:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2008/2012 Active Directory
- Strong knowledge of VMware (vSphere, SRM, View)
- Strong experience with Internet services and general network troubleshooting
- Strong experience with disaster recovery, backup, and restore methods and procedures
- Strong experience with Network Appliance storage
- Strong experience with Windows security technologies
- Strong experience with Citrix Presentation Server 5.0/6.5
- Working knowledge of scripting in a Windows environment (VB, WSH, WMI)
- Working knowledge of Dell server hardware platforms
- Working knowledge of Cisco UCS server hardware platforms preferred
- Strong understanding of Microsoft SQL preferred
Elekta is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.