SR Software Development Engineer 2015-4018
Elekta’s growing software development engineering team has opportunities on our Treatment Delivery team in development and testing of new and existing products. Our product teams thrive in a scaled, agile environment. Architects, product owners, designers and developers collaborate closely to rethink and re-imagine. We need your expertise to create software that is simple, elegant and easy to use. We want to make sure that physicians spend their time fighting cancer, not software.
- Contribute to design decisions and discussions with project teams. Translate user requirements to software requirements
- Implement software applications including design, unit testing and validation
- Ensure software quality standards are met through documentation, risk analysis and testing support
- Develop within Agile philosophy and Scrum methodology
- Interface with customers and vendors as necessary during the product development cycle; support field services on complex technical issues
- Participate in activities for improving engineering practices, tools, infrastructure and other quality system processes and deliverables
- Whiz developer with six years of application development experience using technologies like .NET(C#), C++, WCF; previous experience in medical software
- Experienced in SOAP, Composite Application Development, Prism framework, MVVM design pattern, Dependency Injection, Event Aggregation, WPF styling and templating, globalization/localization, etc.
- Knowledgeable in database design using Microsoft SQL Server, Entity Framework, etc.
- Ability to develop and mentor team members and guide technical direction of teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or related field of study
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail with a strong focus on quality
- Work effectively in a team-oriented environment; proven ability to work successfully in an Agile/Scrum team environment
Desired Skills & Experience
- Master’s degree and/or PhD
- Experience with design and code reviews; understanding of revision control and experienced at unit testing
- Experience in radiotherapy planning and treatment delivery including radiation dose calculations, algorithms, dose engines, segmentation methods