STUDY FOR 1 MONTH, 23 MONTHS PAID INTERNSHIP
Duration: 24 months (2 years)
Internship Placement: 4 Star, 5 Star, High End Restaurants & Cafes (Depending on candidate’s profile)
Stipend: 1050 MYR (Approx INR 20K with 1MYR = 20 Rs.)
Add on Benefits: Food (Duty Meals), Accommodation (Sharing) & Other benefits as per Company policy.
· In this program, students are legally allowed to undertake a full time paid Internship as visa is issued by the Ministry of Human Resources not by the Ministry of Higher Education.
· Internship certificate is issued at the end of training period.
· Students will be studying full time during the first one month in college, 8 hours each day and 5 days a week.
· Accommodation is provided both by the College from the very first day of arrival.
· After one month, they will start their paid Internship in high end restaurants like Dome, Papa rich, Old town white coffee, Brussels Beer Cafe, 4-5 star hotel etc.
Note: During first one month of study, food is not provided but throughout their stay, accommodation is provided on a sharing basis and it will be in the Kuala Lumpur area. Also placement would depend on positions available at that particular time and capabilities of student like their personality, fluency in English, outlook, experience etc. Supporting Income is provided and is paid MYR 1050/per month for 10 hours Internship each day. Hence for one months Internship they will receive Rm 1050 + free accommodation + free duty meals while undertaking their Internship. Please note that meals are mostly non-vegetarian items. Vegetarian items are mostly rice, chips, sandwich, vegetables etc only. Also accommodation will be sharing with other nationalities. Any additional Internship hours (overtime) is paid as an extra payment by the Internship Provider. Also in many properties they have benefit of Tips as well.
Once training gets started, then if student wants to stay in his own accommodation then he would be paid Rm 200 each month by college as accommodation allowance. But this benefit is only available till he is on On job training.
Important note: As there is contract between the College and the Work Placement Provider (Restaurant/Hotel) the student is only able to carry out his training at the designated location. He will have ID mentioning his Internship Providers details and therefore he cannot change the Provider during his training period.
Second year EMGS fees would be RM 1000. No tuition fees have to be paid (Candidate has to remain on O.J.T to avail this benefit).
Note: Students need to go weekly once in college after first month.