At Elekta, we don’t just develop software; we develop solutions that help transform the way clinicians treat cancer.
Elekta’s growing software development engineering team has opportunities for a Business Intelligence Engineer to develop, modify and maintain databases in support of registry, analytical, and business intelligence applications. Initial focus is on visualization, UCD and data modeling in support of new data sources and new report requirements for enterprise-wide medical software. Support development of applications to access databases and display results in a variety of formats and dashboards.
• Plan, create, coordinate, and deploy clinical and business information solutions from databases and data
develop solutions that meet the immediate and long-term needs of customers
• Direct teams on use of consistent, robust ETL, data modeling, and BI practices
• Help manage the data warehouse lifecycle within Elekta’s Agile software development framework
• Direct teams on use of consistent, robust data modeling, and data warehouse disciplines
• Recommend data warehouse technology, analytical and dashboard schemes and technology to product management and senior management
6 or more years of experience in
• Knowledge of user design and information visualization principles
And Two or more of the following areas:
• ETL development, preferably with Microsoft SSIS but including Informatica, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Data Integrator, Data Stage, Ab Initio.
• Data architecture, including data modeling and requirements capture for star schema, data quality/MDM or ODS environments.
• Development experience with at least two of the following: BIRST, Qlikview, Tableau, Cognos, Business Objects, Pentaho, Microstrategy, Microsoft SSRS. We’d prefer someone with experience developing a range of BI solutions, including cube development, dashboarding, ad-hoc reporting and integrating reporting within
• Database development for SQL Server, including indexing, query optimization and development of physical database models.
As well, the following are priorities:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or related field of study
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail with a strong focus on quality
• Work effectively in a team-oriented environment; proven ability to work successfully in an Agile/Scrum team
• Travel as required
Desired Skills & Experience
• Knowledge of data mining and predictive modeling; related areas such as data quality, master data
• Experience developing and/or implementing multi-site, regional and/or national healthcare analytics or
• Experience with Big Data (Hadoop, Hive, Map Reduce, etc.)
• Experience with Epic, Cerner, and other leading EHRs and HIS systems