Senior Database Engineer
Do you wish you could make a bigger impact? At Elekta, you can make a difference. Our software engineers connect thousands of patients to care each day. And, that is just the beginning. Ideal candidates should be self-motivated, thrive in a fast-paced environment and are always searching for a better way. If you are creative, smart and work best in teams, we’d like to talk to you.
Our newly renovated office, located in downtown Sunnyvale, is just a short walk to CalTrain and Murphy Avenue. Its modern, open design creates an ideal environment for collaboration and innovation. At Elekta, we don’t just develop software; we develop solutions that help transform the way clinicians treat cancer.
Elekta’s growing software development engineering team has opportunities for Senior Database Engineers in development and testing of new and existing products. Our product teams thrive in a scaled, agile environment. Architects, product owners, designers and developers collaborate closely to rethink and reimagine. We need your expertise to create software that is simple, elegant and easy to use. We want to make sure that physicians spend their time fighting cancer, not software.
· Plan, create, coordinate and deploy databases and data warehouses
· Develop and/or implement data architecture, data modeling and ETL mapping solutions within structured data and warehouse environment; design end user interface; develop reporting applications
· Mentor staff to develop data analysis and data modeling skills
· Facilitate requirements gathering to develop solutions which meet the immediate and long-term needs of customers
· Engage in multiple projects concurrently and lead teams by establishing technical path and design strategies
· Ensure software quality standards are met through documentation, risk analysis and testing support
· Database guru with five years of windows application development experience in database field
· ETL development, preferably with Microsoft SSIS but including Informatica, Oracle Warehouse Builder, Data Integrator, Data Stage, Ab Initio
· Skilled in database design, database management, data modeling, data warehouse creation and management, analytics and report and dashboard creation
· Database development for SQL Server, including indexing, query optimization and development of physical database models
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or related field of study
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail with a strong focus on quality
· Work effectively in a team-oriented environment; proven ability to work successfully in an Agile/Scrum team environment
· Travel as required
Desired Skills & Experience
· Experience with design and code reviews; understanding of revision control and experienced at unit testing
· Experience with Birst BI platform
· Understanding of BI and data warehouse technologies, methodologies and solutions
· Knowledge of BI tools such as report builders, ad-hoc queries, OLAP, dashboards, data mining and predictive modeling; dimensional data modeling principles; data integration tools and techniques such as ETL and CDC; related areas such as data quality, master data management, metadata management, collaboration and business process management
Elekta is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.