77 Water St, Manhattan, New York, US
Capco, a global business and technology consultancy dedicated solely to the financial services industry. Our professionals combine innovative thinking with our unrivalled first-hand industry knowledge to offer our clients consulting expertise, complex technology and package integration, and managed services to move their organizations forward.
Through our collaborative and efficient approach, we help our clients successfully increase revenue, manage risk and regulatory change, reduce costs and enhance control. We specialize in banking; capital markets; wealth and investment management; finance, risk & compliance; and technology. We serve our clients from offices in leading financial centers across North America and Europe.
Working at Capco will give you the chance to help solve significant business issues and transform the world’s most innovative financial services organizations during a period of sweeping industry change.
You want a job that will embrace your curiosity, grow your skills and put you on the forefront of innovation. Problem is, the market today is full of companies who talk about innovation but have little ability to actually do it. Innovation has become so ubiquitous, save for one space...the financial sector. In this space, the traditional approaches are now obsolete. One hundred years of consulting and marketing are gone. Alternative approaches already adopted by those outside finance aren't a novelty, they're all they've got left.
The UX Designer is a versatile and creative problem-solver who will join a diverse team of professionals in the design and invention of innovative digital experience solutions in the financial services arena. This individual will be entrepreneurial-minded, with experience along the full breadth of UX roles, and bring methodological flexibility and adaptability to challenging client and customer needs. As part of a new and emerging team, the UX Designer will have an exciting opportunity to actively drive innovation, both for our clients and the company internally.
• Lead UX design activities for projects, from research and analysis to design
• Work in tight collaboration with small teams of designers and technologists to solve problems through a design approach
• Be strategic (i.e. think creatively, come up with novel approaches), hands-on (i.e. do research, create wireframes) and versatile (i.e. be able to deal with a variety of subject matters and client engagements)
• Communicate design concepts to clients
• Implement new, ground-breaking interaction and visualization interfaces for digital platforms and ecosystems
• Participate in design workshops for clients, utilizing digital collaboration tools
• Lean-oriented, Agile-experienced
• Solid portfolio displaying work across multiple touch points (e.g. mobile, tablet, kiosk)
• Likes whiteboards, stickies, sketching and prototypes
• Proven skills in working directly with clients to articulate design solutions
• A title that says “UX” but thirsts for the chance at a real Service Design project
• Can quickly grasp on core concepts of financial subject matter
• Interest in external and internal thought leadership
• Knowledge of best practices and tools used in user-centered design.
• Strong understanding of interaction design and visual design principles
• Strong visual design skills, including eye for good typography, composition and use of color
• Superior written and verbal communication skills
• Portfolio showcasing case studies, personas, user journeys and digital platform products (mobile, app, widget, desktop)
• Strong knowledge of web standards, cross-browser development and responsive design
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree with a major in Computer Science, Human Interaction or Visual Design
• Experience in launching successful interactive web applications
• Acute understanding of and experience in contemporary and progressive approaches to UX design (e.g. Lean, Agile)
• Led collaborative design workshops with markers and stickies
• Led both clients and internal teams through the entire UX journey
• Worked in a tight cabal of designers, strategists and technologists to rapidly design iterate and validate solutions in the drive to success
• Mobile and tablet experience, but not because that is your sole focus
• Experience in financial services, insurance or healthcare is a plus, with a preference of having a diverse portfolio showcasing well design UX and work product