Summary The ideal candidate will be a strong BI Developer and Analyst who has experience in complex problem solving , coding, and debugging skills and thrives on the challenges of providing a data platform that is used across Microsoft. As a member of this team you will play a critical role in building and scaling Pipelines to meet the needs of the Analytics team and other engineering teams within Microsoft.
Role BI Analyst
Mandatory Technical Skills
• 5 + years of industry experience designing, implementing, and shipping customer solutions
• 2+ years of hands-on experience handling data pull, aggregate, transform large amount of data from complex tables in large scale SQL DBs.
• 5+ years of strong SQL programming are required including mining large amount of data from different sources, perform complex transformation and processing on top of it, optimization of the complex scripts, design the architecture for mining the huge amount of data.
• Expertise in Excel - should be able to present the data in accurate way using charts, graphs, complex Excel functions
• Experience in Data Analysis. Should be able to make sense of data and analyze the information. Should be able to make best judgement of the data and present the outcome of that analaysis.
Desirable Technical Skills
• Experience of Powerpivot and excel based reporting skills
• Experience with writing applications in C#.NET
• Experience with SSAS and cube development.
• Experience with SSRS and SSIS.
Mandatory Functional Skills
• Visual Studio/TFS, Scrum /Agile work Exp.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that includes an aggressive release schedule
• Experience working within a geographically-dispersed team
• Experience working across multiple groups and teams
• Heavy customer facing experience. Should be able to work in agile manner with the customer - understand the business requirements and convert them in technical requirements and implement the same.
• Excellent ability to work in a team environment, positive attitude, and an ability to have Impact and Influence
• Good Communication and Presentation Skills
Desirable Functional Skills
• Previous experience working with Microsoft.
• Previous experience working in Operation centers
• Passion to drive improvement in the overall customer experience
• Customer focused / user empathy skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Be self-critical and have an accountable work approach
• A BS degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred
Total Experience Required 5+ years